THIS FRIDAY IS LITTLE HALLOWEEN

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

THIS FRIDAY IS LITTLE HALLOWEEN

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:16 am

Hi Folks:

This Friday is Friday the 13th. Only 4 more days until the movie is released. I am on the edge of my seat. I hope this is actualy a good movie and not just another ramake.

I also plan to watch a couple of my monster classic DVDs and light one of my plastic pumpkins.

Mike

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Re: THIS FRIDAY IS LITTLE HALLOWEEN

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Please let us know what you think of the movie. I really hope it is not cheesy.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:35 pm

I have not seen it yet, but I heard, and I could be wrong, that it's a prequel to the Jason Vorhees story. That's sort of what I'm hoping for at any rate, because I really like prequels. "Star Trek Enterprise" was my favorite of the 'spin-off" tv series from "Star Trek."

Mike

Alan Wake
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Alan Wake » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:40 pm

I read some reviews on it, it's nearly universally hailed as a terrible film.

But! I'll find out for myself tonight. Gotta love these days in between Halloweens.

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:59 pm

ARthas, I NEVER listen to what any of the 'critics' have to say. I ahve seen some really great films that they hated, and some really horible films that were criticly acclaimed. If I'm interested in a film, I am going to see it for my self. I won't even bother reading the reviews. That's just me, though.

Besides that, it's still a pretty long haul to Halloween 09, and "Little Halloween" is a nice taste of things to come.

Mike

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote:ARthas, I NEVER listen to what any of the 'critics' have to say. I ahve seen some really great films that they hated, and some really horible films that were criticly acclaimed. If I'm interested in a film, I am going to see it for my self. I won't even bother reading the reviews. That's just me, though.
True. I'll see it anyway, but I just average scores from critics so I can get a good measure of how good the film is. Critics have saved me quite a bit of times from movies like "Meet the Spartans" and "Disaster Movie", so I kind of trust them a bit.

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

scorpio 40
Vampire

Post by scorpio 40 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:58 am

i hope you all had a good friday the thirteenth, x

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:40 pm

scorpio 40 wrote:i hope you all had a good friday the thirteenth, x
Friday the 13th is officially cursed, for me at least.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Folks:

Well, some times the critics are right. Now don't get me wrong. "Friday the 13th" had good cinematography and a couple of decent tunes, and all in all, it was just a remake of the 2nd movie in the original "Friday the 13th" series. I found that to be a bit disappointing as I really was looking forward to leaning how a child with Downs Syndrome can become an indestrucaable, unstoppable killing machine. In simple terms I thought this was going to be a prequel, but it wasn't. I dont' want to spoil it for anyone, and if you never saw any of the "Friday the 13th" movies, it's pretty much the same as the original, only with better picture and color ballance, but that's pretty much all I can say for it.

Nothing to write home about, but it might be a fun DVD to rent on Halloween.

Mike

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:40 pm

That is too bad, I wanted to see it. I heard it was a little cheesy. Wonder what Haunt Master thinks, I thought he was going to write a review.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 am

Like I said, it was all in all not a bad movie, it was jsut a remake, and not what I was expecting. I was disappointed, because all I saw was a story that I already knew. The color balance and cinematography was even better then the original, but I wanted to know more about Jason Vorhees, not see a brand new rendition of an already well known story.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Friday The 13th is okay, but I did enjoy it. I really do care less about the remake. It looks like part 3 to me, but not really. :?

Anyway, I only checked all of Halloween stuffs and props like that to make me think of Little Halloween again! 8)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Actualy I was a little disappointed in that movie, as it was just a remake and nothing more. I thought it was going to be a prequil to futher explain the story of Jason Vorhees and how he went from being this menatly handicapped child to this unstoppable killing machine.

It was okay for those who are not familiar with the "Friday the 13th" movies, but I had my face set for something totaly different then what I got.

Mike