Big SCREAM TV!

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Big SCREAM TV!

Post by Hallownerd » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:13 pm

Big SCREAM TV! Website

This company is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the first three volumes of Big Scream TV, and I'm planning to get the TerrorEyes DVD, the Home-Makeover DVD, and the Scarols CD really soon! CHECK THESE OUT!!! Just watch the video on the site above!
-Tony-

Also check out the site for my Yard Haunt: Nightmare on Ames Street

litemareb4xmas
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Big SCREAM TV!

Post by litemareb4xmas » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 am

I've seen those videos and been tempted, maybe this year, btw, show off your yard from last year, would like to see!

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:48 am

Glad your interested, but I got so wrapped up [get it?] in the festivities that I completely forgot to take pictures!!! This year will be better anyway, as I have these DVDs, which will really help a lot.
-Tony-

TK421
Master Reaper

Post by TK421 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm curious to know the quality of the DVDs. I got one through netfix last year, How-To: Halloween Haunted House, and I found it was a bit simple. They focused on low-budget "family" props. I was really hoping for more mid-level yard haunt guidence.

So, please, let us know how the DVDs are and what type of advice and projects they suggest.

Thanks!
Remember, it's never too early to start planning for Halloween.

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:22 pm

This short clip found on most of their DVDs [this one specifically from their Haunt Makeover DVD] shows their most advanced effect. [Don't be fooled by the fact that this is YouTube. It is actually by the same company.]

If you can succeed in making the structure at eye-level for all ages, you can make a head float in mid-air! Now, in this video, they show the structure in a window, which probably isn't the best use of the product, but it may work in some places. If you want your head in a more open setting, you could probably find a way to disguise the TV, and you could put a box around the plastic sheet.

Knowing this trick, you can work about the technical hassles and begin the fun! Decorate around it, or make a séance scene with some actors!

There is one DVD that does provide guidance for a Hollywood-level Haunted House that utilizes their products using this trick and many more. There are other DVDs that actually give you the material to work with, such as talking heads, singing heads, giant eyes, and even circular crystal ball illusions [you can use the above trick, but with a circular object behind the plastic for the circular image]!

They also offer 9 QUALITY Environment FX CDs [which I don't really need, but whatever floats your boat] and a CD of the songs that are sung by the heads [some are actually catchy] for the younger of the audience.

You could argue that putting giant eyes [one on each of two TV sets] in your windows could be a bit cheesy, but these are quite HQ, and they look kind of creepy.

Anyway, I'm curious to clarify if you said you got one of the DVDs from Big Scream TV, or if you got a random, crappy one. If you're asking about these as a newcomer to this company, than my answer is ABSOLUTELY YES! These DVDs have AMAZING quality. What the heads say in the DVDs that I do have is PERFECT for trick-or-treaters, and this series is especially designed for true yard haunts like ours. I will say once again that I have yet to buy anything other than the three volumes of the talking heads, which are AWESOME but I plan to buy the rest later this week, and I'll reply when they come in the mail. Right now, however, I have very high expectations and a gut feeling that they will be fulfilled.
-Tony-

TK421
Master Reaper

Post by TK421 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Wow! Thanks for the added info ad clip. Looks pretty good!

Two years ago, I got a random, crappy DVD. It was made by a couple of guys on the east coast and it seemed more like a home movie than a professional DVD. They did goofy little things like a blood fountain and an iron gate. I remember the one cool thing they did was rig a chainsaw (no chain) with a car battery so it would spark whenever it came into contact wit the metal gate. It was a great STARTLE tactice for people waiting to go through the yardhaunt. But other than that, their DVD and "projects" were rather pedestrian.

This Big SCREAM TV! stuff looks pretty good.
Last edited by TK421 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TK421
Master Reaper

Post by TK421 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:16 pm

This is the DVD I got from Netflix two years ago.

It was from Netflix, so it was free to view. It's not something I would want to purchase and review year after year, but it was mildly entertaining and gave me some good starting points to build off of. Overall, I would rate it 2 out of 5 stars.

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:25 pm

I think I got that same EXACT DVD! Yeah, I got really excited, and it became quite a waste of time because they were stupid carpenters and I had no access to anything that they said I would and they had "lovely assistants" dressed for magic shows and looked like Playboy bunnies and blech. Waste of money.

This, however, is by a person who did special effects for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", Showtime's "Outer Limits", and "The X-Files"!!! AND IT'S ONLY $15!

I don't know if you overlooked it, but you can really get a lot of information about their products from the video on their actual site!
Last edited by Hallownerd on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Tony-

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:38 pm

If you really start to like their products, I have something else. Normally, you have to give your email, but I'll give it to you here anyway, as it is just a website. Freaky Free Stuff
-Tony-

TK421
Master Reaper

Post by TK421 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Thanks for the hook up. The how-to section has some good stuff. I'll defintely review the site more closely and, probably, pick up a few of the DVDs.

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Glad I could be of some help! Hope your Halloween proves to be successful, professional, and high-tech!
-Tony-

ghostwriter31
Zombie

Post by ghostwriter31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:51 pm

I have yet to buy anything other than the three volumes of the talking heads, which are AWESOME but I plan to buy the rest later this week, and I'll reply when they come in the mail. Right now, however, I have very high expectations and a gut feeling that they will be fulfilled.

You mean you, of all people, actually bought something with money? I thought you expected hard-working musicians to give up their music for free?

I mean REAL musicians, not amateur hacks like you.

Oh, I see. Only musicians should not be paid for their craft and hard work, is that it?
Because musicians aren't allowed to put food on the table, is that it?

You expect musicians to work years on their craft, studying, learning, and paying dues, and then just give it all away for free to cheap-asses like you?

Did you call Big Scream TV and tell them that they were cheap because you don't have a visa card, and how DARE they charge money for their products?

Probably not.

Screw you. "Sorry".