New member Introduction [old]

Discussion of general Halloween topics
zthinman
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: New member Introduction

Post by zthinman » Sun May 03, 2009 12:41 am

Hello all, its good to be here. I live in Chicago with my wife and daughter, but grew up south of here in a village before it became a suburb. It was a spooky place, with a swamp hidden in some woods across the street, a large mental institution not far away, and all around odd fellows everywhere. Halloween was our time of the year. Still is for me and will be for my one year old daughter. Her favorite cartoon already is the Donald Duck Trick or Treat one. Talk to you all soon.....

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Post by ancient whitelighter » Sun May 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi everyone! :D Hope you are all well this beautiful evening. So very happy to join you! Feels a little like the fall here - there's a chill in the air and the aroma of a campfire is wafting through the air! Fantastic :mrgreen:

I've loved Halloween and autumn for as long as I can remember. I have many fond memories of trick-or-treat - such great fun and loads and loads of candy. I remember having to come home numerous times to "unload" my pillowcase and go back out again. We used to make separate piles of each kind of candy to assess our "loot"! Practically everyone in the neighborhood took part. People used to leave boxes outside of their apartment doors, too, and we would take a piece (not a handful, mind you!) and go on our merry way. There were lots of people roaming about in their costumes just having a ball! Parties at school without worrying about being PC or insulting anyone - geez. Innocent fun always!

I remember spooky stories any ol' time with family & friends, running home to watch Dark Shadows after school (really the only thing I remember wanting to sit inside and watch as a kid - otherwise playing outside until dark), and scary movies on Friday nights (Ghoulardi). My dad would try to scare us when he got home from work, creep in, and throw a pillow at us while we were entranced watching the movie! ..thislazylife - your LP collection has a Monster Mash album that takes me back to those times (the one that kinda looks like the Phantom is on the cover) - I hoped to see it there and it was!

There's nothing quite like the fall, is there? Beautiful colors everywhere, clean, crisp air, lots of energy! I just love it. Cozy, warm, earthy clothing, snuggling under covers with a warm cuppa at the end of the day, watching the telly. Reading a good book or flipping through a magazine that's food for the eye (like Martha or Victoria). Bike rides and walks, horseback riding too! Working outside in the garden & yard, planning for next year's bounty. I just feel invigorated at that time of the year, not like in the summer like most people are I suppose - except for maybe all of you!

I have lots of really neat Halloween/fall decorations collected over the years, and some old placards and other things from when I was small, too. Never really thought of those as "collectibles", but they may just be! They are more valuable to me though as a happy part of my childhood, more like old friends.

Have a good week one and all! Stay well.

Ancient Whitelighter
Celebrate Life!

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Post by ancient whitelighter » Thu May 07, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi there everyone! So very happy to join you :D I love Halloween and autumn. The earth prepares such a feast for the senses - blazing colors everywhere, crisp cool air, comfy clothes in earthy tones, comfort food, just to name a few - fantastic! I have many fond memories of trick-or-treating. People were generous & I always received quite a "loot" in that pillowcase! Seems just about everyone participated with lots of people roaming about in the dark - great fun that. I really do enjoy most everything spooky/scary. It's such innocent fun!

Did any of you watch Ghouldardi on Friday nights when you were little, too? My dad used to come home from work and try to scare the heck out of us while we were mesmerized - with all the lights turned out!

I love decorating for fall and Halloween! Some of my stuff is pretty old from when we were little, but I love them like old friends.

Gosh, all I can say is, it's nice to know that there are other folks out there who love the season as much as I do and like to share that! I hope to enjoy lots of conversations with you.

Stay well & safe. Love to all.

ancient whitelighter
Celebrate Life!

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sat May 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Welcome Ancient Whitelighter and Zthinman!! I'm Mau, or Demon Slayer Mau around these parts.
I noticed no one has welcomed you here yet so welcome to Halloween.com.
Oh, and watch out for the forum pet dragon, he likes the taste of newbies.
Just kidding! :lol: Hope you enjoy your stay.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri May 22, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm sending out a big, Halloween.com welcome to 'the night pumpkin' so that this thread will float to the surface, and she will hopefully see it.

...and a belated Howdy also, to Ancient Whitelighter!!
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

the night pumpkin
Vampire

Post by the night pumpkin » Fri May 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks for the big pumpkin welcome!

glad to see people lov'en halloween as much as me.

a great candieapple kiss to you all in halloween.com land!

Horror Flicks
Vampire

Post by Horror Flicks » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Mac Britto, and I'm from VB area in Virginia. Chris aka Haunt Master referred me here, so I'd like to introduce myself to one of all of you people here. Chris is my own best Cousin I've ever had for a very long time in the whole life! ;)

I do enjoy Halloween stuffs, Trick-or-Treat things, talk about horror movies, blood, gore and stuff like that. I am looking forward to seeing meet everyone here.

Mac, or you may call me Maccio. Take care of yourself everyone.

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Welcome back....

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Ditto...
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:14 pm

I am the newest member, and I love it here! It's awesome! You get to add friends, too. I love Halloween! I can talk about it here all year long. :D
I like everything about Halloween!
I don't have a favorite candy. I like a lot of candy!
I hope you guys will like me. :wink:
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Horror Flicks
Vampire

Post by Horror Flicks » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Welcome to Halloweenland, Midnight Witch! :D

I hope you love it around here just like I do. I am around here some days and nights too. I am helping my cousin to get back here anytime. :)

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Welcome all new members!
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Horror Flicks wrote:Welcome to Halloweenland, Midnight Witch! :D

I hope you love it around here just like I do. I am around here some days and nights too. I am helping my cousin to get back here anytime. :)
Thanks for welcoming me to Halloweenland. I love Hallween so much!

I am a witch....
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:10 am

Hello all,

My name is Christopher aka Vlad, and I am just a new haunter again and see that the last thread was genereated in late June 2009?!?! What is up? Where is everyone? Someone answer.... please .... is everyone there I may know or that may come around here lately? :)

Later! ;)

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Vlad Dracula wrote:Hello all,

My name is Christopher aka Vlad, and I am just a new haunter again and see that the last thread was genereated in late June 2009?!?! What is up? Where is everyone? Someone answer.... please .... is everyone there I may know or that may come around here lately? :)

Later! ;)
You joined on May 29.