Your theme for 2009

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Your theme for 2009

Post by Halloweennut08 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:29 pm

I try to keep the same theme but add on and subtract things and this year I am really trying to up the Anny by getting really cool props and homemade stuff I made. This Year I am doing the Haunted Graveyard scene.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Wicked Witch
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Your theme for 2009

Post by Wicked Witch » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:15 pm

We have pretty much done the same thing - but try and improve each year - we have a cemetary, ghost ring, creepy guy, witch, spiders and some skeletons, about 30 pumpkins and then our bats. We have several projects that we want to do this year - if we get them done - I will definitely be posting pictures.
The Wicked Witch

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:48 pm

There are so many different things my husband and I want to do, that we change themes.... every year and we alternate who picks which year so we both get our ideas in. Since we've only been together since 2006, that's how far back our themes have gone... eventually, we'll start recycling things... I'd really love to do the witch thing again.... or even use our mad science gurney...

2006 - Witch (I had kinda picked it out before I met him, so it was sorta one-sided)
2007 - Arabian Nights
2008 - Mad Science
2009 - PIRATES! ARRR!
2010 - "Old West" (I have the urge to make an 1860's walking dress with bustle... theme may change, though... if I find something I like better.)

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:35 pm

That's really interesting changing the themes, I personally just in particular like the graveyard scene it just give you chills every time I think about it.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Actualy I never really had any particular theme in mind when it comes to Halloween decorating. I suppose you could say that because of my old house, I do sort of have a 'haunted house' kind of a theme, but primarily I just carve some pumpkins, and hang some decorations and am done with it.

Mike

SpookyBlackKat
Master Reaper

Post by SpookyBlackKat » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:01 pm

We haven't always been able to do a full on yard haunt like we want because for the past 6 years we've been renters with tiny yards. Hopefully that will change very soon. =)

Because of that, I always go overboard inside. Last year was probably my favorite and I'm not sure if we had a theme overall but each room of our house was decorated differently. Our living/dining room was a haunted forest with leaves, branches, a cave and a fog machine. Our kitchen was a witch's kitchen with potion bottles, poison apples, glow in the dark spells written on blacked out cabinets. Our guest bathroom was a total bloodbath murder scene. I had a dead body in the tub with a strobe light, bloody towels and walls, knives hanging from the ceiling and red lights. (We had to allow a couple friends to use our main bathroom during our party because the overall effect was so gruesome). Our backyard was a small cemetary with a big bonfire and we all carved pumpkins on the back deck. Hopefully our next place will allow us to do more outside stuff! =(
I've met The Great Pumpkin.

http://pumpkinbump.wordpress.com/

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:31 am

If you could swing it, you might be better off owning rather then renting. Renting leaves you at the mercy of your land lord.

The major disadvantage is that when you own a house, you end up having to mow th e lawn and doo all kinds of upkeep on the house.

Stay away from concominiums ot townhomes. You own yout unit, but you usualy have a condo association to deal with, and you can't put anythingup until it's been voted on. Very often, they vote in all kinds of draconion safety rules. My nephew hats the condo he's living in.

Mike

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:34 am

Let's see... I usually change themes each year but as much as possible I pull stuff from previous ones and recycle them into the new theme. Pretty soon I'll probably reuse one or more of the theme's I've done. Usually the theme is part of the decorating and the annual Halloween party. So far this is what I've done:
- Heaven, Hell, & Purgatory
- Mad Scientist
- Graveyard
- Pirates
- Prom Night (i.e. horror movie prom nights and zombies)
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

I never really thought about having a theme. I just put out "garden veriety" Halloween decorations, however my house really lents itself to a "haunted house" theme.

Speaking of Haunted Houses, I was at the mall today. I saw this beautiful metal sculpture of a 'haunted house' complete with bats. It's actualy lit by candles. I am definately going to go out and buy it the next time I'm in the mall. I would have bought it today, but I was on the motorcycle, and there was no way I could get it home.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 pm

A haunted house with the family cemetery next to it.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

ThackeryBinxs
Vampire

Post by ThackeryBinxs » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 pm

I have three different yard themes going on this year scary Jack O' Lantern Patch Graveyard with Ghosts and a Giant Spiders Nest with a dozen or so giant spiders and the inside of my house has a sorta vampire theme with a few other things going on

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:06 pm

this year i'm going with the beefed up serial killer theme, sort of like what zombie did to michael.. it should be epic
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

prtuek
Ghost

Post by prtuek » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:22 am

pumpkin is the classic halloween theme for me.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 am

as far as my yard haunt goes. on one side i'm building this massive grave yard thats complete with an assortment of foggers and lights.. on the porch i have an animetronic michael myers coming to where i'll build a slaughter scene with him :) also in my immediate front yard i always place what some may say TOO MANY jack 0 lanterns but i say you can never have TOO MANY!!! lol plus other decor through out my other sides of the house and yard hahaha i have pretty big open space to use..
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Firefighter_Barbie
Master Reaper

Post by Firefighter_Barbie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:14 pm

We've never really had a paticular theme either. My house was built in 1903 so needless to say it doesn't need much for he "creep-factor" and it helps that our driveway is about 150 feet long and in a forest so I have the perfect setting for some pretty awesome halloween stuff.

The sad part is, hallloween here isn't nearly as good as it used to be here. Ten years ago every house and store was decorated and it wasn't rare to have over 150 TOTers (keep in mind I live in a town of under a thousand people and we all own big acreages). Once my cousin opened up the local "Candy Walk and Haunted House plus Fireworks" in the center of town, the numbers dropped and last year we had NO TOTers :( So unfortunatly it's not worth going to weeks of trouble to have a huge yard haunt like we used to. :(

Anyways on a better note, I do always put effort in to make Halloween fun :) I always line pumpkins down our driveway, up our sidewalk along with wooden gravestones, and up to the house. Then on our front porch, I always had dried crunchy leaves on the floor and other odds and end decorations...oh and I can't forget the ton of fake spiderweb :D