In a Gentleman's Suite (a ghost's poem)

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

In a Gentleman's Suite (a ghost's poem)

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:29 am

Here is something i did here at work just for fun.. ENJOY!

A wager. Classy. Yes. Yes, just like her composure
come now to my gentleman's suite, swallow in just a little closer

You are overwhelmingly stunning, a well kept skin and bones
You're made of all my finest riches and of solid foot prints in my home

Home. dust moves, lingers, then sways like i do when you're near
And like the fever I caught long ago i will always keep you here

Lovely. How do you say you're name? I'm deathly affraid i'm losing so much
you're all of my seasons and i'll keep you forever, though in forever we'll never touch...
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Re: In a Gentleman's Suite (a ghost's poem)

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:48 pm

This is beautiful.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:51 pm

thank you :) i love writing.. i write constantly.. everything from poetry, songs (which we do perform) books, letters, ect. i'm old fashioned (only 22 though lol)

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:26 pm

adrian wrote:thank you :) i love writing.. i write constantly.. everything from poetry, songs (which we do perform) books, letters, ect. i'm old fashioned (only 22 though lol)
I wish I had your talent. I've tried writing some things in the past, but I've failed miserably. lol I'm almost always reading though. Mostly horror, but right now I'm trying to get a head start on a couple of the books I'll be reading in my Intro To Fiction class. I'm kind of the oddball around here, since I'm probably the only 20 year old that prefers reading to partying. lol

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 pm

don't get me wrong i love a good party :) but if i had it my way i would LOOOVE to just sit and write constantly... anything... what ever comes to mind.. free style writing is my favorite :) why don't you post some writings of yours? you can post some on this thread :) i would like to read some

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:40 pm

adrian wrote:don't get me wrong i love a good party :) but if i had it my way i would LOOOVE to just sit and write constantly... anything... what ever comes to mind.. free style writing is my favorite :) why don't you post some writings of yours? you can post some on this thread :) i would like to read some
As long as I'm with my friends I'm fine, but I hate going somewhere that I don't know anyone. The local concerts I go to is basically one big party, but just without the alcohol. I'm not complaining though since apparently I'm an "alcoholic drunk." As soon as I'm tipsy I can chug anything, resulting in not very good things happening. lol I haven't really attempted to write much in recent years, and I'd be much too shy to really post anything. :oops:

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 pm

hahaha drunk? lol that's when i wish you'd write something and post it hahaha that would be interesting :) and for future references don't be shy :D especially when its halloween based i LOVE everything.. speaking of.. so just how "into" halloween are you? do you get on here often?

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:04 pm

adrian wrote:hahaha drunk? lol that's when i wish you'd write something and post it hahaha that would be interesting :) and for future references don't be shy :D especially when its halloween based i LOVE everything.. speaking of.. so just how "into" halloween are you? do you get on here often?
One of the many reasons I stick to my limit of one or two drinks. Haha! And let's just say I have a Halloween obsession. I've loved it for as long as I can remember. I already have some of my Halloween decorations up! I'm moving into my dorm next week, and everything I'm taking is Halloween/horror related. Once I get everything set up I'll post a picture of it. :mrgreen: This year I'm growing my own pumpkin patch, but I'll probably have to buy a fake one to take to college with me. And I try to get on here fairly often. If I'm not posting then I'm at least lurking around. lol How about yourself?

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:15 pm

I believe obssesed would be the correct word.. i've studied the holiday for years now and i always find something new that makes me want to dig more into it.. Halloween has really become a life style for me.. i make decorations and masks year around with house hold items and am always looking for something spooky to get into.. as far as Halloween.com goes i'm sort of new to it but i've been fumbling around the site for about 2 weeks now and i think i've got the hang of it.. i get on here more than myspace now haha (myspace.com/adrianbuice btw)

so what's your favorite thing to do on halloween?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:30 pm

I like to write short stories, but I'm no poet. I did a "rhymy dhymy" prayer titled "Baptism by Motorcycle " once, but it's no literary accomplishment.

I love to write hottor tales mainly.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I like to write short stories, but I'm no poet. I did a "rhymy dhymy" prayer titled "Baptism by Motorcycle " once, but it's no literary accomplishment.

I love to write hottor tales mainly.

Mike

post it on here man.. i would really like to read some of you guys stuff.. i'm trying to get miss autumnal_whispers to post some her writings :wink: (shyness) but yea if ya ever do post something i'll definately read it (if you already have posted just let me know and i'll look for it)

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:53 pm

adrian wrote:I believe obssesed would be the correct word.. i've studied the holiday for years now and i always find something new that makes me want to dig more into it.. Halloween has really become a life style for me.. i make decorations and masks year around with house hold items and am always looking for something spooky to get into.. as far as Halloween.com goes i'm sort of new to it but i've been fumbling around the site for about 2 weeks now and i think i've got the hang of it.. i get on here more than myspace now haha (myspace.com/adrianbuice btw)

so what's your favorite thing to do on halloween?
I just wrote a long reply to this, but it's not showing up? My mom's computer has been hating me recently. lol But that's wonderful that you get to do something Halloween-related all year long. One thing I considered was going to this school fairly close to me that offers a degree in special effects makeup. After I get my BA in psychology and get everything straightened out, I'll probably take some classes there just for fun. Plus, TOM SAVINI HIMSELF IS ONE OF THE TEACHERS THERE!!!! :mrgreen: Just having the chance to meet him makes me want to take those classes. lol And I saw on your Myspace those Halloween pails from McDonalds! I forgot all about those things! Do you know if they still have them?

Favorite thing... Hmm. Anything I do involves getting dressed up in some way. Last year my ex-friend (Long story) wanted me to help her pass out candy, so we just did that last year. It kind of depends on what's going on. If no one's having some kind of party or if everyone's too broke to go to one of the hayrides/haunted houses, then I usually just sit at home and munch on Halloween candy while watching as many scary movies as I can. Oh, and carving a pumpkin is a must! You?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Adrien, you may hve to do some digging, but a little while back I did post a story that I submitted to a writing contest when I was in high school. It was about one of my teachers, the band master, to be exact. I had to change names for the forum, but it's burried some place.

Go to the threat labled "Wearcat Story Idea." It's on page 1. "Catpires" is the title of the story. Again, the rule was I had to write a story about one of my teachers, the school I was in and the town. I chose to write a Halloween story about the band master, because I was in the band. I actualy won the contest, and the story was read aloud over the P.A. system for the whole school to hear. I was in band practice when they read the story, so I was put in a rather awkward situation, but it was all in good nature.

But you might likeit. It's not "Edgar Alan Poe," but it's a funny story about a band teacher I had. All the names are changed, however.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 pm

haha yea they still do the pale thing every year or so often.. at least down here.. i have tons of them (they bring back the kid in me)

as far as what i like to do.. well, first, praise god for giving me this personality but i'm a party 24/7 by myself hahaha this past year i spent my halloween by dressing up, passing out to the 10 ToTers who came by (this neighborhood i moved to sucks) and watching "Hocus Pocus" on the big screne which i move out on my front porch for me and the tots (Tradition of mine)

I do the trick or treating thing every year.. i take my brother around my neighborhood and then i stay to pass out candy (mom covers for me while i'm gone) *foot note* i don't live with her she comes by to enjoy the holiday too :)

I also like going to hay rides, bon fires, and haunted houses as well as watching scary movies new and old

what about you? any interesting halloween stories? bon fire stories?

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:19 pm

TO MIKE
ok cool give me a minute i'm going to try and find it