If we (Halloween.com) could create our OWN perfect town...

Discussion of general Halloween topics
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: If we (Halloween.com) could create our OWN perfect town...

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 pm

Of course they would be black. Although a ghostly white kitty would be kind of neat too I think. I thought about having it so this kitty lady lovingly buries her dead cats when they die, and the spirits of these cats comes out at night.
Yeah there would be an evil witch hag that flies across the full moon on her broom at night as well. The whole town would probably be full of witches and warlocks.
If anyone was familiar with 3d Graphics and programs like Maya, we could have our own virtual version of this town. I wish I knew how to do things like that. I could probably attempt to draw it, but I've already decided this year to make a photoshopped image of the members of Halloween.com for those who are interested.
Some one on IMVU could probably make a "room" that could resemble this. IMVU is a 3D chat based program. I did "buy" a Pumpkin themed room and added some black cats to the mix.
Last edited by DemonSlayerMau on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:32 pm

I see the town being built around the grave yard like Mike said.. maybe there was a war before? maybe that's when the grave yard was built and the town built around it like a giant memorial... maybe the cats watch over the graves
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:33 pm

That's an idea too. The cats make sure the graves remain undisturbed so no one tries to violate them.

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:35 pm

The movie "Sleepy Hollow" kind of makes me think of a perfect Halloween town. Horse-drawn carriages, the forest, the dark atmosphere. I'd rather have a lot of pretty autumn leaves rather than dead trees though, but maybe just have a little bit of a spooky forest. :tongue:

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:39 pm

i picture a the town surrounded by the forest autumnal_whispers describes.. dark and gloomy but the town filled with copper toned leaves and bright orange jack- o-lanterns and pumpkins.. ghost made from tissue paper hanging from porches and cotton spider webs clinging to hedges and fences... but that would be my house.. what would your house here look like?

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:35 pm

If anyone has ever seen the movie Halloweentown, that would be exactly how I would want it to be. Every single day of the year would be filled with Halloween festivities and every night there would be TOT's and monsters roaming the streets. The seasons would never change and the weather would constantly be cool and crisp like fall. The whole town would be full of people just like us on this forum who care deeply about Halloween, and every house would be decorated to the hilt. That would be the perfect town.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:44 pm

But let's not forget. In Evilton, NO BUILDING can be newer then 100 years old. So the town would not be built per se, but would be "formed" by having pro house movers bring in very old buildings and houses from other areas that are tearing down all the older buildings. For giggles we can even throw in a "snakd pit" insane asylum for those driven insane by all the Halloween scares that are part of daily life in Evilton.

But NO NEW BUILDINGS OR MODERN BUILDINGS.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:49 pm

I AGREE!! the house i would love to have stands at the end of double drive in Eufaula (going to florida) its so majestic and full of history.. another thing... when you come through the ONE AND ONLY ROAD to Evilton... who is there to greet you?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:52 pm

I didn't think about that. If you arive at night, you could be greeted by a vampire, a wearwolf, or one of the many witches and warlocks Mau mentioned. You could be greeted by a skeleton or a grim reaper, or perhaps a Frankenstein monster of some sort. There are also plenty of ghosts in Evilton.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:58 pm

What about this... if you arrive during the day our town appears to be a normal town just decorated to celebrate this years halloween.. there are bowls or candy corn and caramel apples, children playing.... but when night comes you start noticing things changing..... slowly.. the cat you saw earlier doesn't look like it did before.. neither does that fence you just passed by.. that house there wasn't there before either.. the children who were in costumes before are beggining to look more realistic to their characters

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:04 pm

Great idea. Sort of like a "things aren't what they appear to be" sort of a scenario. Good one.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Hm. I don't mind if the houses are old, but I couldn't live without indoor plumbing and electricity. D=

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:13 pm

I couldn't live without those things either, Mau. In fact, I love my computer, my stereo, my vehicles and my DVD player a lot, and would hate to do without these things. Yes, there's electircity, indoor plumbing and the modern conveniences, but the building themselvs are not subdivision houses with attached garages, or condominiums or modern in that sense.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Not only do the homes and people start changing but so does the play ground... what kind of creatures and people lurke there....?

also.. am i the only one who thinks vacant play grounds day or night are creepy?

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 pm

DemonSlayerMau wrote:Let's not forget the crazy cat lady who owns 23 black cats. Yes, it has to be 23. She lives in an old log cabin, although this one is well kept up so it isn't really rotting. These cats help keep the rodents out of her pumpkin patch.
Some people have thought that perhaps this young woman was a witch, but the woman just chuckles at the idea. Just your average cat lover.
But late at night, this cat lady is said to become an anthromorphic cat herself, with a scythe she uses to fight off demons.
And she looks like this!

:mrgreen:

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King