Early Halloween Spottings!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Early Halloween Spottings!

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:23 pm

I just get all warm and fuzzy inside when I see more Halloween items coming out.
I even bought myself some Halloween candy at Dollar General. Just couldn't resist! And for a dollar, it wasn't a bad buy.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

BornOnHalloweenEve
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by BornOnHalloweenEve » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:58 am

Let me say first off that I am so happy to find a group of Halloween lovers such as myself. I can barely restrain myself from decorating. Does anyone already have this feeling? Just seeing a few Halloween and Fall items in the stores, fills me with the Halloween spirit. I absolutely love seeing the festive orange and black colors!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Just today I was at the Louis Joliet Mall. I stepped into "Yankee Candle" because they had Halloween and jack o'lantern candle holders and other items out for sale. I looked at a metal 'haunted house' that I am GOING to buy the next time I get a paycheck. I would have bought it today, but as I said on another forum, I was on my motorcycle and had no place to put it.

Too bad the store didn't have delivery.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Rite Aid had some Harvest stuff and 50% off along with some Halloween Candy and other things. Mostly just fall harvest decor though.
Tops didn't have any Halloween stuff for sale, but did have a candy display with a skull and a tomb stone!
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Night_Owl_Amber
Vampire

Post by Night_Owl_Amber » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:50 pm

I live in the UK so the shops havnt started selling halloween stuff yet, it's usually at the beginning of September that the pound shop starts displaying stuff :mrgreen:

xtina666
Crypt Keeper

Post by xtina666 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Still nothing here in Vancouver :( I went to Superstore, Wal-Mart, Zellers and the Dollar Giant...and not a thing :( Just fall stuff..nothing for Halloween yet.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:26 pm

I love seeing the first signs of Halloween pop-up in stores, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, I figured we could all post here when we see any signs of Halloween.

So far, Michael's has some items out including their Spooky Town collection, signs and sparkly skulls. Bling seems to be in this year as Martha Stewart also has some sparkly items coming out this year.

Dollar Tree had a few items out including small crows, skeletons, skulls, black cats, etc.

Walgreens had a couple of fall looking items including wooden signs and pumpkin scented candles.

Horror Express is open anywhere in USA as well as here in Norfolk, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach in VA. I've not been there at Horror Express almost a year from now, but I WILL! :D

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:06 pm

My local Walgreens has put out their Halloween candy on the shelves, and after everyone has gone back to school, they will remove their school supplies and replace them with the oh-so-wonderful Halloween decorations. :mrgreen:

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 pm

I was at K-Mart the other night to buy a belt. I just happened to glance at the magazine rack as I was waiting at the check-out line and noticed a Halloween magazine. A woman picked it up and bought it.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Pumpkinman,

You saw Halloween magazine??? I wish that I would buy it, but do you know the name of the magazine? Well, I'm getting tired of reading Fangoria magazine since 20 years or so... :?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:09 pm

It wasn't actualy a "Halloween" magazine per se. I was one of these homemakers magazings (Good House Keeping I think but I couldn't swear to it) and the front cover was covered with jack o'lanterns, and Halloween cookies and the like, and the word "Halloween" on the front cover clearly visable.

Mike

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:28 pm

I saw some Halloween candy at Kmart yesterday! I was so happy, as soon as the kids are back to school, I think that is when all the Halloween costumes and stuff will be coming out. I have also been scouting yard/garage sales for Halloween decor. A client of mine has some pumpkin spray at her home, it is called the Perfect Autumn Pumpkin by Bath and Body works, it smells awesome!
The Night HE Came Home

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: It wasn't actualy a "Halloween" magazine per se. I was one of these homemakers magazings (Good House Keeping I think but I couldn't swear to it) and the front cover was covered with jack o'lanterns, and Halloween cookies and the like, and the word "Halloween" on the front cover clearly visable.

Mike

Hmmm... very cool! If I see any Halloween magazines anywhere in the stores, and I will let you know, for sure! :D

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:47 am

ilovemichaelmyers wrote:I saw some Halloween candy at Kmart yesterday! I was so happy, as soon as the kids are back to school, I think that is when all the Halloween costumes and stuff will be coming out. I have also been scouting yard/garage sales for Halloween decor. A client of mine has some pumpkin spray at her home, it is called the Perfect Autumn Pumpkin by Bath and Body works, it smells awesome!

I picked up a jar candle from Michael s, pumpkin-ginger. Whoa...I started jonesing for pumpkin pie :-)
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:48 pm

I was in dollar general today and picked up a couple of packs of spider webs, some candy (for myself) and they had this glass ghost candy bowl thing... i picked it up as well... i can NOT wait for Spirit Halloween to open up in Columbus GA.. its a halloween ware house that comes every year on Labor day week end and stays open half way through November :) its SO MUCH FUN just wandering around in there!
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!