The WORST thing you ever got in your Trick or Treat Bag

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: The WORST thing you ever got in your Trick or Treat Bag

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:13 am

That sounds like a good Halloween, Metalica. I can't believe some one would pour a chemical in your ToT bag, though. That's disgusting.

One of my neighbors handed out plastic spiders, flies and other bugs as treats. I remember collecting those when I was a kid. There was this kit that came with a little baking oven, and liquid plastic, and you could make plastic bugs to give out to friends. Creepy Crawlers was what it was called. I had a "creepy crawlers" kit, and I made a whole bunch of ugly plastic bugs, and my mom gave them out along with the ToT candy that year. That was a fun project. My dad came home with 12 bottles of this liquid plastic, and my sister and I both spent an entire weekend making plastic bugs to be given out on Halloween. The neighbors loved it, too.

Mike

metallica_87
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by metallica_87 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote:That sounds like a good Halloween, Metalica. I can't believe some one would pour a chemical in your ToT bag, though. That's disgusting.

One of my neighbors handed out plastic spiders, flies and other bugs as treats. I remember collecting those when I was a kid. There was this kit that came with a little baking oven, and liquid plastic, and you could make plastic bugs to give out to friends. Creepy Crawlers was what it was called. I had a "creepy crawlers" kit, and I made a whole bunch of ugly plastic bugs, and my mom gave them out along with the ToT candy that year. That was a fun project. My dad came home with 12 bottles of this liquid plastic, and my sister and I both spent an entire weekend making plastic bugs to be given out on Halloween. The neighbors loved it, too.

Mike

Creepy Crawlers!! I had that as well!! They had the metal molds you filled with colored plastic and you put them into what looked like an easy bake oven and cooked them till they were hard. Thye even had special halloween themed molds as well.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 pm

I remember that. But when it came time for Halloween they ran out of the special Halloween molds. That wasn't a problem, though as my younger sister and I had plenty of fun making lots and lots of the ugly plastic creatures to be handed out with the candy.

Speaking of toys from the distant past, I also had this cute little doo-dad called "The Time Macfhine." It was made by Matell. It came with a few of these "time capsules," and as the time machine heated up, it would warm up these plastic capsules and they would morph into some kind of a creature. When you got tired of the creature, you could warm him up a little, put him in the "chamber" that squeesed him back into a capsule. Pretty neat, and one of my all time favorites.

Mike

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 pm

I think the worst was raisins and then this sort of taffy candy that was terrible. I can't remember the name of it but it was sold at Wal-Mart for like a $1 and was wrapped either it black or orange tissue paper.

metallica_87
Crypt Keeper

Post by metallica_87 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote:I remember that. But when it came time for Halloween they ran out of the special Halloween molds. That wasn't a problem, though as my younger sister and I had plenty of fun making lots and lots of the ugly plastic creatures to be handed out with the candy.

Speaking of toys from the distant past, I also had this cute little doo-dad called "The Time Macfhine." It was made by Matell. It came with a few of these "time capsules," and as the time machine heated up, it would warm up these plastic capsules and they would morph into some kind of a creature. When you got tired of the creature, you could warm him up a little, put him in the "chamber" that squeesed him back into a capsule. Pretty neat, and one of my all time favorites.

Mike
I don't know on that last one (maybe too young (21) on that one, but they sound remotely similar to those little toys of like superheroes and their really small, and when you put them in water, they grow.

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:26 pm

I don't know about those either.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:09 pm

The toy I was alluding to did not involve the use of water. It used hea to soften up the plastic that these dinasaur figures were made of. When the plastic got soft, the figure more or less "unfolded," which gave the epearance that they were emerging from a time capsule. They were red, green and yellow in color, and you coudl heat them up, and squees them back into a capsule in a chamber that used a crank to squeeze these plastic creatures back into capsules.

It was a pretty neat toy, and my younger sister played with it as much as I did.

Creepy Crawlers, as described above, were plastic bugs that you made yourself by pouring this liquid plastic into a mold, and then baking it in this "oven" that came with the kit. There were other toys that you could make plastic bugs, car bodies and other things that are no longer availale because the heatign elements were known to cause house fires.

Mike

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Creepy Crawlers, as described above, were plastic bugs that you made yourself by pouring this liquid plastic into a mold, and then baking it in this "oven" that came with the kit. There were other toys that you could make plastic bugs, car bodies and other things that are no longer availale because the heatign elements were known to cause house fires.

Mike
I remember those, they were awesome!

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

metallica_87
Crypt Keeper

Post by metallica_87 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Arthas wrote:
Pumpkin_Man wrote: Creepy Crawlers, as described above, were plastic bugs that you made yourself by pouring this liquid plastic into a mold, and then baking it in this "oven" that came with the kit. There were other toys that you could make plastic bugs, car bodies and other things that are no longer availale because the heatign elements were known to cause house fires.

Mike
Atleast they were when you had the colored plastic. If you ran out, it was harder than hell to replace, as it really hard to find

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:37 pm

metallica_87 wrote:
Arthas wrote:

Mike
Atleast they were when you had the colored plastic. If you ran out, it was harder than hell to replace, as it really hard to find
Yeah, you'd have to buy another set again. :(

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 am

We neve had any problems getting the liquid plastic for the creepy crawlers, but I had a hellof a time finding replacement capsules for my Mattel Time Machine. We couldn't even order them. We had to buy a whole new set, which my parents refused to do.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am

That would have been a great treet in deed. I'm a music collector, and I do like some of the material by Matalica.

The fog machine guy could have gone to jail for poisening. If I remember correctly, those fog machines use some kind of a chemical that's okay as far as casual contact, but should not be ingested.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by adrian » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:41 pm

this is going to sound a little crazy

one year, it wasn't halloween yet, but i had just gotten a bag about a week before trick or treating.. i got off the school bus one day and saw my bag in the woods.. i go to pick up, look inside, and there, a nasty ole dead squirl!!

turns out my mom had told my little brother who stayed home from school that day to pick the squirl up in a bag (i guess one of the cats got it) and throw it out... yea, he used my ToT bag
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:49 pm

adrian wrote:this is going to sound a little crazy

one year, it wasn't halloween yet, but i had just gotten a bag about a week before trick or treating.. i got off the school bus one day and saw my bag in the woods.. i go to pick up, look inside, and there, a nasty ole dead squirl!!

turns out my mom had told my little brother who stayed home from school that day to pick the squirl up in a bag (i guess one of the cats got it) and throw it out... yea, he used my ToT bag
NASTY :shock: !
*Drum roll please* The worst thing ever gotten while TOTing goes to............Myersfan!

One year some lady gave me a TOOTHBRUSH, yeah that's right a toothbrush on Halloween. Instead of candy, a toothbrush.... Wow still can't get over that :x

NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by NeverMore » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:01 pm

I got an IOU. They ran out of candy. Little did they know, that was the third time I went to their house that night. In different costumes, of course.

Yes... I saved it, went to that house early the next year, waited till I got the loot, then handed them the IOU and got another load. They ran out on my second trip around that year but had turned the lights off. No more IOUs. Some people learn.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]