The Horror Mobile?

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

The Horror Mobile?

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:19 pm

Does anyone ever decorate their cars for Halloween? I've seen truck drivers fit a wreath on the bumper of their tractor-trailors for Christmas.
I do have a skull hanging from my rear view mirror, a purple one. It was a "chattering" skeleton until the rest of the body came off. I also stuck a little skull sticker on my steering wheel.
Sounds tacky, but I did start a small trend with the skeleton dangling from the rear view mirror thing.
As for the rest of my car...well...usually the mess is scary enough. Hahaha.
Anyway, a decorated car could be a mobile haunt. Haha.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: The Horror Mobile?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Every year, I make a scare crow, carve a jack o'lantern for it's head and seat it on my motorcycle as the "Headless Horseman."

Mike

creepyh0ll0w
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by creepyh0ll0w » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:51 pm

my husband recently 'pimped out' my old work truck as a sort of year-round Halloween mobile... i've been begging for a hearse forever, but having horses it makes more sense to keep a big old truck for hauling hay and pulling the horse trailer... anyway, here it is:

flat black with orange highlights. some sorta voodoo-looking skull beads hang from the rearview mirror. i like it, people stare as i go by! :D
~Tis now the very witching time of night, when churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out contagion to this world~

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Cool! You got any close up pics? I can see the orange in the background of the wheels.
If I had a hearse, I would sooo get a casket or a coffin...and have a skeleton inside. Then if anyone dared to open it, the skeleton would pop out and the eyes would glow red. Maybe a "mwahaha" in the background for an extra effect.
In fact...I would be tempted to do that with a station wagon...there's enough room where I could fold the seats back and put a coffin in there. I'd be tempted to do that year round...just to see what kind of reaction I'd get out of people!

My poor car's all rusted out now, the evap system keeps malfunctioning, resulting in the check engine light always being on, it has this problem where I have to rev the engine to get it to start up after filling it, and today for no reason at all I had to have my step dad jump start it. -.-; At the moment, I've got about 1,500 dollars to spend on a car. So...I can't be too picky. At first I kind of thought the idea of a station wagon was lame...but now that I think about it...it would do as a replacement for a hearse in a jiffy!

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Post by Hallow's Queen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:49 pm

Can't wait to get a car to deck it out.... ha
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Back when I was still in college and couldn't decorate much I did do some stuff to deck out my X-terra. I had some skulls of course, some suction cup blinking eyes on each side of the back seat windows, a glowing skeleton, and some static cling window stickers. I recently saw that one of the Halloween oriented online stores have a full skeleton cling that makes it look like it's sitting in your car. I'm sure there might be more stuff out there now than when I was trying to Halloween out my SUV.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Well now that I have my 2001 Mercury Sable, that car's definately gonna get decorated for Halloween.
Where could I get a window cling that looks like a skeleton is sitting in the car? Would it interfere with my being able to see out the driver's side back window or the rear view? That would be my main concern.
Now that I have a sedan, there's some possibilities with decking out that little back shelf.
I wish I could see your decorated SUV!
Any advice? I don't want to turn my car into a driving hazard, but I do want to show off my halloween spirit! I also don't want to have stuff sliding around when I'm turning corners either.
And I'm on a strict budget, my Halloween spending is unfortunately, going to be limited this year. I've already got a bunch of nice things, I see a bunch of things I want though. This year I think is going to have a great selection.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:05 pm

this year i'm making a HORROR wreath for my truck :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:15 pm

[quote="DemonSlayerMau"]Well now that I have my 2001 Mercury Sable, that car's definately gonna get decorated for Halloween.
"Where could I get a window cling that looks like a skeleton is sitting in the car? Would it interfere with my being able to see out the driver's side back window or the rear view? That would be my main concern."

You can get some stuff at, kind of oddly enough, Oriental Trading Company:
http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/brows ... ar+Magnets

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/brows ... t%20Detail
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

Killing is my bussiness..
Zombie

Post by Killing is my bussiness.. » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:35 pm

I have one of those "Dead brides" that you hang up. It has the flowing gown and poseable arms and hands. When I unpack the Halloween closet I hang her on the back seat coathook of my Honda Accord. Freaks people out ! On the highway or just parked in the lot at work ! If the weather is warm before Halloween I take my Black IROC-Z convertable out, I wear a black leather overcoat along with a clown mask and big orange wig. Go cruise around past the school yards and make the little kids cry ! ! ! Sometimes I wear sunglasses with the mask and smoke cigarettes !!!!! People FREAK !!!!!! I swear to god I'm gonna cause an accident if I keep doing it. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
And bussiness is good !!!

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Today I bought some pumpkin window clings and stuck them in my car, and I also bought a magnet that I stuck on the back of my car with some candy corn on it that says "trick or treat."
It's a start!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:36 pm

i've never thought about decorating my truck with window clings :) great idea
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!