Rob Zombie's Halloween II

Halloween and Horror Movies
MyersFan1
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Halloween II two thumbs down

Post by MyersFan1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:51 pm

It is confirmed on multiple sites that Rob Zombie will not be directing Halloween 3D. I have heard mixed reviews about Halloween II, with most of them being negative. For the most part, I feel like the people with open minds who went to the movie to see gore, blood, and a "horror movie" enjoyed the film for what it was. However, I think the die hard fans of the original franchise thought it was terrible. I could be wrong, but this is just what I have seen. The numerous members of the official Halloween movie message board have just been tearing the movie up in their movie review thread and that's why I have not seen it yet. Also, movie reviews sites such as rotten tomatoes and imdb.com have given it terrible rankings. On the other hand, several people have said it was decent or pretty good, so I really think it just depends on what type of person you are and what you are in too.

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween II

Post by MyersFan1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Hey,

Not to confuse everyone, but I have merged the two Hallloween II threads into one so there are not two of the same topic floating around. Now we can discuss everything concerning the movie on one thread, rather then two.
Myersfan1

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by OctoberChill » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:54 pm

He kills and eats a dog. A DOG! If that doesn't tell you how much this movie sucks then nothing will.

Two groups of people in the theater walked out in the middle. Can't say I blame them. I had faith that it might get better towards the end, and it didn't.

I know I'm old fashioned when it comes to Michael Myers, so perhaps that's why I'm missing the point of this movie.

And the white horse? When you have to put a paragraph at the very beginning of the movie to explain what a certain part of that movie means because it's so random and no one would understand it otherwise, you're trying too hard. And I know you have to put your wife in the movie Rob, but that was a stretch.

I apologize to those of you that liked it. Everyone likes different things. This movie just made me angry...

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:57 am

Michael ate animals in the older movies. that's how he got by. yea the white horse was kinda out there but other than that.... and the fact they made Loomis a jerk... i LOVED the movie!! i liked seeing a brutal, more realistic/monster like myers :) although JC's is still my favorite mikey :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Samhain
Master Reaper

Re: Halloween II two thumbs down

Post by Samhain » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:15 pm

MyersFan1 wrote:It is confirmed on multiple sites that Rob Zombie will not be directing Halloween 3D. I have heard mixed reviews about Halloween II, with most of them being negative. For the most part, I feel like the people with open minds who went to the movie to see gore, blood, and a "horror movie" enjoyed the film for what it was. However, I think the die hard fans of the original franchise thought it was terrible. I could be wrong, but this is just what I have seen. The numerous members of the official Halloween movie message board have just been tearing the movie up in their movie review thread and that's why I have not seen it yet. Also, movie reviews sites such as rotten tomatoes and imdb.com have given it terrible rankings. On the other hand, several people have said it was decent or pretty good, so I really think it just depends on what type of person you are and what you are in too.
I think you are exactly right.
People who like Rob Zombies movies probably loved this film.
Followers of the Halloween franchise were likely not impressed.
I certainly wasn't.
Now, I didn't mind The Devils Rejects, but that's not the kind of theme you want in a Michael Myers movie. Michael is supposed to be more of a mysterious, phantom-like figure striking from the shadows. Rob gave us a simple nut job with a knife. He said he wanted a more realistic Michael, but when you strip the mystery from the series and replace it with in your face action and gore, it's not a good thing. Maybe Rob should do a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie some day, but I'm hoping his time with the Halloween franchise is over. I also think that the next movie should distance itself from the previous Zombie installments. Let the Zombieverse stand on it's own and give us something different next time.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:23 pm

Yeah Loomis was a pain. I don't know if when he ran into the shack at the end if that was supposed to be his redemption or what, but I just can't see Loomis as some money and publicity crazed jerk. But then again it was a "re-imagining" :roll: I think the dog thing was included for shock factor, nothing more.

I guess the thing I loved so much about Carpenter's Halloween was the fact that there was hardly no blood or gore but it was still one of the most effective horror movies ever. I think that's what set it apart from other horror films.

That's why I still haven't seen a horror remake I love (I admit I did like Friday the 13th). They take the classics, the one's that were different, and make them just like all the others.

Wolfman looks promising however. Guess we'll see how that one turns out.

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:26 pm

I agree Samhain about Rob doing Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It fits him better. Although I can only imagine how far he'd take the killings and cannibalism though. He does have a tendency to just overdo everything.

Love the avatar by the way!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:33 pm

The reason I love Carptenter's Halloween better is because of the suspense factor and that i know "Nothing" about Michael. He relied on straight stalking suspense!! which was so SCARY! Zombie (which as you know i liked both remakes) he too liked the originals but wanted to have fun with the characters as he re imagined them and turn them into something else (a brutal michael) man i've said it before. i would love to see jason take on zombies Michael lol no contest there. Rob's michael is a beast

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:37 pm

OctoberChill wrote:I agree Samhain about Rob doing Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It fits him better. Although I can only imagine how far he'd take the killings and cannibalism though. He does have a tendency to just overdo everything.

Love the avatar by the way!
I like your avatar, too.
I've glimpsed the script for The Strangers 2, and it looked pretty good.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:39 pm

saw it the other night. when i was asked whether it was good or not, my response was "if you felt dirty and disgusted after seeing the 1st movie, you have no business seeing the 2nd one. i wasn't all that thrilled w/ the whole "doing this for mommy and family" thing. a little too friday the 13th for me. otherwise i liked it.
trick or treat

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 pm

I thought the stabbings was good. thats about it. the whole Laurie getting loose goosey and parting trying to cope with her past sucked and Dr loomis was pretty bad. there are some good killings. and the ghosts of his mom and little micheal was bad.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:16 am

yea i liked hearing the bones crack up under the knife strikes :)

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Latest $$$$ figures (take) for Halloween 2

Does anyone know? Also, looks like H2 will be out of the theaters way earlier than expected. Too bad. I love the original concept and the Michael Myers character. :)

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:56 pm

I have to echo a post made here...I wonder what Zombie would do with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? That totally creeped me out. I can't imagine what it would be like in his hands.
I'd have to say though, leave Tobe Hooper's masterpiece alone.
We need some new imaginings, anyway. Not remakes.

I did give his Halloween a chance and was not impressed.
I love Devil's Rejects, though.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:31 pm

i think pumpkin man and i are the only one's in the world who liked RZ's H2 lol