Make any Halloween purchases yet?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Make any Halloween purchases yet?

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:52 pm

PumpkinFunGirl wrote:..Yesterday I purchased a ghost towel linen to put up in my kitchen,...and some pumpkin string lights....I also went to the Farmers Market and bought me a little pie pumpkin to set out,....and some pumpkin butter to eat on my toast for breakfast...... :mrgreen:
If you are familiar with Lancaster, OH. then go to Google Maps and click on a street using 'street view'.

Apparently the photo trucks went through town and mapped it just before Halloween.

I like to snoop around when I need to see houses decked out with decorations.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Sexy Ladybug
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Sexy Ladybug » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:18 am

I just ordered my costume today, which got me really excited for Halloween. I've put out all my autumn decor over the weekend, but the Halloween stuff goes out on October 1st. I've been thinking about buying some halloween candy, but have to stop myself!
Sexy Ladybug

~~~Happy Haunting~~~

Ladybug Costume

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:53 am

Sexy Ladybug wrote:I just ordered my costume today, which got me really excited for Halloween. I've put out all my autumn decor over the weekend, but the Halloween stuff goes out on October 1st. I've been thinking about buying some halloween candy, but have to stop myself!

omg, i've been cutting weight for about a month now but i couldn't help it hahaha i bought 4 bags of candy for our caldron about a week ago. its been a hit with our guests :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

yellow_stripes
Zombie

Post by yellow_stripes » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:50 am

i'm slowly gathering my costume together.. i'm going to be a ww1 bomber pilot! i bought the costume at a store but it needs a lot of alterations and tweaking!
check out where i work.. it rules! ROCKWORLDEAST

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:52 pm

I may be making some purchases tomorrow. I need some new Werewolf gloves, preferebly silver, to go with my mask.
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!

Firefighter_Barbie
Master Reaper

Post by Firefighter_Barbie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:00 pm

I bought some adorable halloween window decals and a pumpkin spice car freshener lastnight which are going up on my car as soon as I get one :P (I'm hopefully getting a car this weekend). I wish I could say that I've been shopping for my halloween costume but I still can't make up my mind on what I want to be, but that will change by tonight :)

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Found this hat today at Party City. All I need are Halloween socks and boxer shorts and my October apparel will be complete.
hat_off.jpg
hat_off.jpg (53.34 KiB) Viewed 12386 times
It lights up!
hat_on.jpg
hat_on.jpg (51.17 KiB) Viewed 12386 times
BTW: That's my friend Marv modeling the hat. My very first mask. He's seen better days.[/color]

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:43 am

That is an awesome hat, NeverMore.

I'll hopefully be making some purchases today, as long as the shops have Halloween stuff in stock. I'll be disappointed if they don't.

I'm leaving in around 15 minutes. :D

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:22 am

That's the trick. Got to go there early to get products that may disappear later in the season. There were only two of those hats left at Party City and they said that's all they're getting. Meanwhile, they're still stocking the shelves and will be for the next couple weeks. Guess that means multiple trips to the Party City and other stores throughout the next month. Oh darn!

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:10 am

There were lots of small things like teeth and fake blood and some yard decorations all in the 99p shop but nothing I wanted. Birthdays will have their full Halloween stock by October 2nd so I'll head back then, they usually have some great acessories. Thing Me Bobs are also one of the best shops in my area to sell Halloween goodies and masks. :D

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:34 pm

what the heck is the hat on? that's wicked looking
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:01 pm

adrian wrote:what the heck is the hat on? that's wicked looking

Ha! Ha! That's the first high end Halloween mask I ever bought. Probably when I was about 17 or 18. He's been through some tough times, all dusty and falling apart, but he's my constant companion. Sits on top of the TV in my bedroom, wearing a straw hat, sunglasses, a button that says "Yes. This is my real face!" and a hangman's noose around his neck. He's there all year long scaring off any unwanted guests and a few potential girlfriends.

Speaking of girlfriends... when I was about 19 I put that mask on and popped my head up in front of my girlfriend's kitchen window while she was washing dishes. I was told you could hear the scream two counties over. Man... I sure do miss that girl.

Gladly, a few years ago I found an exact duplicate of the mask on eBay and it is in perfect condition. Looks brand new. So when it's time to put old Marv in the ground the tradition will live on.

listeningeyes
Master Reaper

Post by listeningeyes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:19 pm

I just bought this AMAZING Halloween carousel.Its WICKED!!! It has jack-o-lanterns lit up all around the top,with ghosts riding dead horses,its on a graveyard.With bones and jack-o-lanterns holding it up.IT SO AWESOME!!! It has a bunch of LED lights in the pumpkins and all around.and it moves!!! I cant find as picture of one so I will take one today most likely.I got it at Target for 35 bucks!! A little pricey but if you take care of it im sure it will last a long time.Im horrible with my decorations and they normally brake and get lost so I always just buy a bunch of inexpensive stuff and a few nice things.SO I went to the dollar store and got these awesome signs for the kitchen,one is a witches menu with creepy stuff and the other is some kind of skeleton Inn sign,and jack-o-lantern snow globe,lol.
You don't even know the danger you're facing
If I'm quiet, I'll slide up behind you
And if you hear me I'll enjoy trying to find you

MyersFan1
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MyersFan1 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:01 pm

listeningeyes wrote:I just bought this AMAZING Halloween carousel.Its WICKED!!! It has jack-o-lanterns lit up all around the top,with ghosts riding dead horses,its on a graveyard.With bones and jack-o-lanterns holding it up.IT SO AWESOME!!! It has a bunch of LED lights in the pumpkins and all around.and it moves!!! I cant find as picture of one so I will take one today most likely.I got it at Target for 35 bucks!! A little pricey but if you take care of it im sure it will last a long time.Im horrible with my decorations and they normally brake and get lost so I always just buy a bunch of inexpensive stuff and a few nice things.SO I went to the dollar store and got these awesome signs for the kitchen,one is a witches menu with creepy stuff and the other is some kind of skeleton Inn sign,and jack-o-lantern snow globe,lol.
That sounds fantastic! You should post some pictures so we can see your purchases. And Nevermore that mask does look awesome.

listeningeyes
Master Reaper

Post by listeningeyes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:42 pm

You don't even know the danger you're facing
If I'm quiet, I'll slide up behind you
And if you hear me I'll enjoy trying to find you