Early Halloween Sightings!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MacPhantom
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Early Halloween Sightings!

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:15 pm

No, don't think I've ever seen one. But they're building a Walgreens about five minutes' walk from where I live, and I hear they usually have some pretty awesome Halloween stuff, so here's to hoping they're done by September!!

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Andybev01 wrote:I wouldn't say that, there's at least one witch keeping the spirit alive.
Thanks, Andy your too sweet!!! :D

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:54 pm

The Hobby lobby here has fall/harvest stuff and tons of CHRISTMAS, but no Halloween. I did get a Spirit e-mail today announcing employment opps. I would LOVE to work there for a season. I have kids that are too busy and I am their transportation.

A girl can dream. Someday.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:28 pm

The stores in my town are really pushing the 'back to school' merchandise, but no Fall or Halloween as of yet. Usualy I see Halloween merchandise in early to mid August.

Mike

Shadow_of_the_31st
Crypt Keeper

Post by Shadow_of_the_31st » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:46 am

My store got a bunch of its halloween stuff yesterday, and im already picking out a bunch of stuff im gonna buy.
“this mark, although large, had been originally very indefinite; but, by slow degrees … assumed a rigorous distinctness of outline. It was now the representation of an object that I shudder to name … of the GALLOWS!”
The Black Cat
Edgar Allan Poe

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:40 am

Garden Ridge had about half their Halloween decor out (which is a lot). Employees were stocking more when I was there. They had many new items.

Hobby Lobby here had a ton of fall stuff and a few Halloween items.

Michael's had all the fall stuff but I didn't see any Halloween yet.

Still nothing at Party City or Dollar Tree. Party City usually doesn't start putting their stuff out til mid to late August here.

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:44 am

Went out to Michael's and Target yesterday. Didn't see a thing. Don't know what if anything Target will have this year considering the area they used to put that stuff in is all taken up by grocery now.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:26 pm

hey OctoberChill, when you were at Garden Ridge did you notice if they had those really nice skeletons out like they had last year, those basement barney or whatever they were called?

http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Nope I didn't see those out yet. I'm going back tonite or tomorrow. By then they should pretty much have all their stuff out. I'll let ya know if I see them.

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:32 pm

There is catalog called Lakeside Collection. They had those spider webbed larve balls and an upside down hanging man coccoon thing for under $20 each.

I love spiders! Not really, shey scare the <deleted> out of me. Thats why I cover my house with them at Halloween. To me that is a nightmare!!

That and clowns :(
Oggie Boogie

listeningeyes
Master Reaper

Post by listeningeyes » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Hey Octoberchill!!!!!

Yeah,our little dollar tree has a couple of rows of their Halloween stuff up and fall stuff too!!!! I was so excited when I walked by and saw skeletons and jack-o-lanterns up!!!!! I cant wait to start decorating the house for October!!!
You don't even know the danger you're facing
If I'm quiet, I'll slide up behind you
And if you hear me I'll enjoy trying to find you

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: The stores in my town are really pushing the 'back to school' merchandise, but no Fall or Halloween as of yet. Usualy I see Halloween merchandise in early to mid August.

Mike
Our schools actually start back on August 4, so back-to-school is highly appropriate for us. I haven't seen Christmas around here, though, nor even Halloween. I'm going to Michael's this week, will report if I see any Halloween stuff yet.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:20 pm

I still haven't seen any fall or Halloween stuff out yet, but it's a pretty safe bet that there will be Halloween merchandise for sale about mid way through my vacation. Of coruse, I haven't looked really hard, but I was at Wal-Mart yesterday, and I didn't notice any Halloween or Fall merchandise there either. I was shopping for charcole. I like to stock up towards the end of Summer on Lump Charcoal so I'll have enough for my Halloween and Christmas dinner. Yea, yea....I know. I don't get intot he Christmas spirit until I'm doing my Christmas cleaning, but I love to grill and barbecue, and some times it's nice, on an unseasonable warm day in December, Jan or Feb, to do a roast out on the barbecue, and some times my next door neighbor will haul out his Webber and grill a couple of burgers for him and his gf.

Mike

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 pm

We start back to school Aug.9 here. Usually by the middle of Aug, I start seeing some of the stores clearing for Halloween. My mom is a manager at Big Lots, and they have Halloween in the stockroom ready to go.

I can't wait!
Oggie Boogie

Shadow_of_the_31st
Crypt Keeper

Post by Shadow_of_the_31st » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:54 pm

the schools there start so early, the schools in maryland dont star till the end of august.
“this mark, although large, had been originally very indefinite; but, by slow degrees … assumed a rigorous distinctness of outline. It was now the representation of an object that I shudder to name … of the GALLOWS!”
The Black Cat
Edgar Allan Poe