Where Is The Most Haunted Place You Have Been To???

Discussion of general Halloween topics
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Where Is The Most Haunted Place You Have Been To???

Post by jadewik » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:24 am

I forgot about this one... old, old photo-- before digicams... and I'm too lazy to re-scan the original, so I'll leave you with these sucky pics of the Tower of London from 1997.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 am

So, anyone is ready to see a pic of Nightmare Mansion? If not, then I won't post it here.... also, I got a news link from my cousin from Va Beach last nite.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:30 am

Post away!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Ok, here is a pic of Nightmare Mansion haunted attraction in Virginia Beach, Virignia on Atlantic Avenue and 20th Street.

I talked to the guy from Nightmare Mansion last nite, and asked him a couple of questions... He stated that the age limitation would be at least 10 years old and the ticket price is only $7.00 to enter. ;)

Here is the link with a short information about Nightmare Mansion:
http://www.virginiabeach.com/attraction ... tic-avenue

8)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:00 am

Oh my goodness! So this is a year-round attraction at the beach? Looks like it could be fun!

Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Morticia » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 am

Tower of London for sure, although my husband knocked on a sarcofogus (sp) in an old graveyard in Edinborough and stirred up a ghost.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:06 am

Morticia wrote:Tower of London for sure, although my husband knocked on a sarcofogus (sp) in an old graveyard in Edinborough and stirred up a ghost.
Do tell!

Ciuin
Halloween Master

Post by Ciuin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:14 am

Morticia wrote:Tower of London for sure, although my husband knocked on a sarcofogus (sp) in an old graveyard in Edinborough and stirred up a ghost.
I really wanted to touch the chopping block they had on display at the Tower. But I also didn't want to be expelled from the premises. My hands were sad.
'All the water's dead. All of it. And the taps don't work either.'

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 am

Morticia wrote:although my husband knocked on a sarcofogus (sp) in an old graveyard in Edinborough and stirred up a ghost.
In Scotland, they prefer to be shaken, not stirred...... :wink:

digbugsgirl
Ghost

Post by digbugsgirl » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:13 am

iHaunt wrote:Ok, here is a pic of Nightmare Mansion haunted attraction in Virginia Beach, Virignia on Atlantic Avenue and 20th Street.

I talked to the guy from Nightmare Mansion last nite, and asked him a couple of questions... He stated that the age limitation would be at least 10 years old and the ticket price is only $7.00 to enter. ;)

8)
iHaunt, I think I remember there being a Ripley's haunted house when I was a kid. I remember going to a year-round haunted house, but it was the full building, not just the upper half. I haven't stayed at VA Beach since I graduated high school, but I did stop by for a couple of hours last year. I thought I saw the Ripley's house, but it could've been this I saw. Is there another one?

It's pretty sad that I live so close to the beach (3 hours) but rarely get a chance to go!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Oh my goodness! So this is a year-round attraction at the beach? Looks like it could be fun!
Yes, all year round! ;) Yes, a lot of fun and scary! 8)

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:05 pm

There is no Ripley's place here in Va. Beach.... There is Nightmare Mansion and there is one more haunted attraction, I forgot the name of it. But I will check out. ;)
digbugsgirl wrote:
iHaunt wrote:Ok, here is a pic of Nightmare Mansion haunted attraction in Virginia Beach, Virignia on Atlantic Avenue and 20th Street.

8)
iHaunt, I think I remember there being a Ripley's haunted house when I was a kid. I remember going to a year-round haunted house, but it was the full building, not just the upper half. I haven't stayed at VA Beach since I graduated high school, but I did stop by for a couple of hours last year. I thought I saw the Ripley's house, but it could've been this I saw. Is there another one?

It's pretty sad that I live so close to the beach (3 hours) but rarely get a chance to go!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:26 pm

I visited a few creepy places during my vacation last month, and I visited a few last October. The two most haunted places that I visited were the Bartonville Insane Asylum, and the Bachelors Grove cemetery, which are both pictured. A complete photo study of the Bartonville Insane Asylum is in the Haunted Places board, and I haven't gotten around to posting my vacation 'haunted road trip' photos yet, but the overview of the Bachelors Grove cemetery is a ncie little 'preview' of what is to come when I have all the photos reduced in file size. Oh, and that mist you see above the path is NOT a ghost. It was a very hot & Humid day, and I drove to Bachelors Grove with the air conditioning on full blast, and I had a problem with condensation on my camera lenz, but the photo is still pretty creepy IMHO.

Mike
Attachments
Reduced 012 Cemetery A.jpg
Reduced 012 Cemetery A.jpg (74.98 KiB) Viewed 13487 times
65 Front View R.JPG
65 Front View R.JPG (78.67 KiB) Viewed 13487 times

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 pm

MacPhantom wrote:
Morticia wrote:although my husband knocked on a sarcofogus (sp) in an old graveyard in Edinborough and stirred up a ghost.
In Scotland, they prefer to be shaken, not stirred...... :wink:

He probably was shaken after stirring up a ghost.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I visited a few creepy places during my vacation last month, and I visited a few last October. The two most haunted places that I visited were the Bartonville Insane Asylum, and the Bachelors Grove cemetery, which are both pictured. A complete photo study of the Bartonville Insane Asylum is in the Haunted Places board, and I haven't gotten around to posting my vacation 'haunted road trip' photos yet, but the overview of the Bachelors Grove cemetery is a ncie little 'preview' of what is to come when I have all the photos reduced in file size. Oh, and that mist you see above the path is NOT a ghost. It was a very hot & Humid day, and I drove to Bachelors Grove with the air conditioning on full blast, and I had a problem with condensation on my camera lenz, but the photo is still pretty creepy IMHO.

Mike

Great pics, Mike! Do they open all year round?