Nostalgiascape Health Update

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Nostalgiascape Health Update

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:33 pm

Well an aching tooth sent me to the dentist after 4 days of fighting with it. At the Dentists, I found out that they can't extract it cause I have dangerously high blood pressure. In fact they strongly urged that I see my doctor. Apparently I am in heart attack/stroke range. I see my doctor tommorow. Yes, this blows. Truth be told i'm a little scared. But I will see my doctor and follow his orders. No doubt losing weight will be a definate, which I am all for. November 1st I finally get my gym card here at the complex. If you pray, say one for me. If not, send me a good thought.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Catzilla
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Catzilla » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:39 pm

I have HBP too, but I take Nefedipine & Losinipril & stay very active...you would never know that I had it at all.
However...it does cause my gums to be very soft & I get dental problems from that...it's one of those side effects that ya can't live without.

Many Prayers :)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:15 pm

Nos, so sorry to hear about the health issues, it really SUCKS! I definitely pray, and there's a big one going up for you. Keep us posted.

Hugs,
Hooch
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:23 pm

Oh, Nos, that's awful! Toof-aches are bad enough, but HBP on top of it is just the pits. My husband lost over 100lbs, and is now off his medication for the first time in almost ten years, it helps a LOT. I'm sending plenty of prayers and good thoughts your way, the Great Pumpkin will look out for you, you seem like a pretty sincere guy.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:42 pm

Nos, I'm so sorry to hear that. But hang in there buddy. I'm sure everything will turn out fine. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:23 pm

Nos,

I'm really sorry about your denial and health problem! We will pray for you and your health too! :cry:

Well, anyway, I do have a little health problem myself too... I have high blood pressure, minor heart muscle sore, little arthris, and several stomach pains due to smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol beverages, and just some small marijuana. Well, I'm trying to quit all of them, but I will TRY!

BTW, I really can't eat red meats all the time because of my doctor's orders! Even, I only eat eggs and bacons only twice a week, no more for a week! I need more grits, and lots of fruits and veggies for me!! Jeez!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Re: Nostalgiascape Health Update

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:30 pm

Good luck.
Last edited by Cadaverino on Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 pm

yea I hate dental work this last month I had 5 root canals and 2 exstractions. they suck but the ex tractions had a bridge out in and i have a pearky white grill again.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:35 pm

Tantraman, I know. I priced what it would cost to be put under during the procedure...too much.
Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:15 am

Nos, I am so sorry to hear you are having such health problems. I really hope your doctor will be able to help get you well fast. You're such a sweetheart, you hang in there, and we're here for you anytime you need to talk about it. You will be in my prayers and thoughts. Please take care, and do keep us posted ok, here's an angel for you, oh hell a couple ^i^ ^i^ :wink:

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:11 am

NOS, I'll definitely be thinkin' about you! Good thing is, at least they caught it now at just the HBP, before any of those horrible possibilities you mentioned, so with the right medicine and a good health plan from your doctor you'll definitely pull out of this situation--best wishes to ya!!

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:33 am

Oh wow, how awful! So what'd the doc have to say today?
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:28 pm

Well I told the doc that the dentist won't remove my tooth till my BP is down. For the tooth i'm taking amoxicilan and Vicodan (forgive any mispellings). One is a narcotic, the other an antibiotic. I already take prozac for my depression and now am on a beta blocker mixxed with a water pill for the blood pressure.. My Doc says it's safe, there aren't any medicines that will interfere with another.

Once my BP is down I can get the trouble tooth extracted. Then the vicodan and amoxicilan go away. Leaving just the two. But for right now, i'm feeling slow like a turtle. I see my doc again next week to monitor the first weeks progress.

I am to slow down on the salts and stimulants, and when my BP is down there will be talk of diet and excersise.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:51 pm

Nos, you poor things! That sounds like a nightmare :( *hugs*

My stepdad was diagnosed with HBP a couple of years back and I believe that he was advised to take an aspirin every day, I presume because of its blood-thinning effect? But it sounds like you've already got a cocktail of meds going on so I wouldn't recommend it if the doctor didn't mention it.. I feel for you hun, I really do - at one point when I was very sick a few years ago, I was taking so many meds I thought that I would rattle if you shook me :roll: lol

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:30 pm

Well I won't stress over it. This too shall pass.