I could use some costume help!!!

Chat about your costumes
RhHoffa30
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

I could use some costume help!!!

Post by RhHoffa30 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:24 am

Last year I wanted to go as Barf the half Man, half Dog(He is a Mog) character from the movie Spaceballs but I had a hard time with getting the costume together. Namely I couldnt find coveralls or a jumpsuit or whatever you want to call it for the main part of the costume and also had a very very tough time finding something to use as his fur. Not to mention the problems I had with the ears and tail for the costume. It seemed like I was doomed from the start so I had to bail on the idea but this year I am getting an early start and am going to work at it until I think it is just right. I am on here looking for ideas, suggestions, tips and anything else anyone can give me to help me out. Thanks to this wonderful little tool known as the internet I was on some military surplus websites and got myself a flightsuit nice and cheap that works perfectly for the costume. The parts I think I am again going to struggle on this year is finding "fur" that looks close to what Barf had in the movie without having to go sell blood to afford the stuff. I have the ears and tail that I made last year for the costume but I just was not happy with the way either turned out so I am looking for ideas and ways to upgrade them. I mean basically I know what I want to do, all you have to do is watch Spaceballs or google it to find pics of Barf, I am just having trouble getting to where I would like to be and being happy with it. Who knows maybe I am too picky but anyways please any help or suggestions anyone can offer up would be awesome and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

witchy
Halloween Master

Re: I could use some costume help!!!

Post by witchy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:24 pm

Hello RhHoffa30
I would try Jo Anns Fabric, or any fabric store that is close, they have fun fur you can sew into any costume. Good luck, Witchy

Endora
Zombie

Post by Endora » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:51 am

I looked at a picture of Barf on the web, seen the movie but it has been awhile.. I think the best way to make the costume work is a blond wig, and ears on a headband in a similar color. Like Witchy said, you can buy fur at Michael's or Hobby Lobby, etc, and maybe glue onto cheap gloves. Don't forget the name patch on his suit. The make-up and you are good to go! I think it will be awesome!
It is said that if you hear someone's footsteps behind you on the Halloween night, you should not turn back because it may be a dead following you. And if you commit the mistake of looking back, it is likely that you might join the dead very soon.

skullychick
Vampire

Post by skullychick » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:24 pm

ImageThese people did a decent job..
I think the hardest thing to make is the feet.

It would be rly cool if you did the hairy feet coming from the sneakers. That would be histarical!
When there's no more room in Hell,thedeadwill walk the Earth.

RhHoffa30
Ghost

Post by RhHoffa30 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:44 am

I actually have a pair of black converse sneakers like he wears in the movie, im just not sure how i wanna go about doing the feet yet. I also think the tail I have made is kind of corny but we will see. I think I may be over critical of everything but i want it to look good. I like the way the ears and head are done in those two pictures, I am thinkin I would like to do something like that. I promise once the costume is done I will take and post pictures on here so everyone can see how it turned out